Saturday, January 18, 2014

More winter loves, January 12-18

_
I love that moment when a friend averts their eyes - to gather the threads of the story they intend to tell -  and we lean in to catch it.

I love the resonance of raindrops doinking gently on my black and broad-brimmed Amish hat.

I love that toads live in our cellar - warty house guards who take crickets and bring good luck - or so I'm happy to believe.

I love the eight-eyed spiders who stalk prey in high corners and leave no cobweb behind.  Jumping spiders - too quick - I love their way of moving - jerky little teleports.

I love the sunbeam that re-makes a room to a sudden work of art.  I love my wife's drowsy, feline pleasure in the warmth of slanting sunshine.


_

1 comment:

  1. Great post! So many cool things in life to appreciate. I am one of those people that actually likes spiders!

    ReplyDelete